Sunday 19 April 2015

A Perfectly Piggy Party!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of hosting a party for a 3yr old girl who loves Peppa Pig.  As requested by L's mother, and also taking into account the young age of the children attending, the party became more craft and activity focussed.

As those who follow my blog may know, I tend to follow themes loosely rather than going for an all out theme.  This is due to costs, availability of resources and an understanding that not all guests like the same thing.  Many parents choose to use decorations to emphasise a theme, which is great as it brightens up the venue and gives the party child their focus. 

Obviously this is done in consultation with the client, who can request certain activities or games to their child or their vision of the party.  My role is to facilitate this, keep the children entertained and make sure the children enjoy themselves.  I also hope to take the pressure away from the parents.  This was reflected at the party yesterday when the client told me she had never been so relaxed before hosting a party. (Her sister also told me she'd never seen her this relaxed before a party too!)

The activities:

1) Welcome activity.  The children decorated the tablecloth with the crayons and stickers I supplied.

2) Make pig face biscuits.



3) Make pig masks using paper plates.

4) Decorate their party bags.










5) A box of Rainbow Rice (with hidden pigs) to play with.

The Games:

1) Music Muddy Puddles (like Musical Islands)

2) Peppa Pig Treasure Hunt

3) Pass the Parcel

The Story:

10 Green Bottles by Abigail Voss.  (Available here on Amazon.)  (This is a great story by a Portishead Author, and is fab for joining in and learning numbers.)


The 14 children were kept happily occupied, with supportive parents who enjoyed joining in. 

Their party tea was packed in individual coloured paper lunch bags with Peppa Pig detail on them.  I particularly liked the idea of putting individual jellies into plastic shot glasses.  (I'm going to borrow that one for my children's next party!)  

We sang Happy Birthday to L, and she blew out the candles on her beautiful chocolate Peppa Pig cake. 

Packing up was quick and efficient.  (I bring my own bin bags, and was massively helped by the other adults.)

This was a fun party to do.  Craft parties can provide a calm but busy atmosphere, and make sure that everyone has something extra to take home too.

It was a fun afternoon for all.


(Craft Parties are priced the same as regular parties, see my website for package prices.)

No comments:

Post a Comment